Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Taco Bake

Quick and easy seems to be the theme at our busy home lately. Dinners tend to fall into this category quite often when my husband is out of town. The following recipe is one from my Aunt Liz that I have loved since I was a child. My own children now love it and it is so easy to make! Enjoy!

Taco Bake
1 lb. hamburger, browned
2 cans tomato soup
1 pkg. taco seasoning
2 soup cans of water
1 bag nacho cheese chips, crushed
Shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Brown hamburger, rinse well in hot water. Return to pan and mix with taco seasoning until well coated. In a baking pan (I use a 9x13 glass pyrex dish,) mix hamburger, 2 cans of tomato soup and 2 soup cans full of water. Add grated cheese and chips. Mix well. Add more grated cheese on top. Cook for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.

*Fast-n-easy tip. I precook my hamburger, rinse it really well under hot water, lay out on a paper towel to remove excess water and then measure in to 1c. portions and freeze. This way, I can just grab a bag of meat from the freezer and begin cooking. It saves a lot of time, energy and mess! I use the frozen meat for tacos, spaghetti, enchiladas and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment