Monday, September 14, 2009

Closet Bow Hanger

As a newcomer to the whole "baby girl" thing, I have found myself with lots and lots of hair bows and headbands that need a home. I have seen the bow hangers that go on the wall, but I don't want to make the kids' room too "girly," as all three of my kids are in the same room right now. So, after a few days of thinking, this is what I came up with: a closet hair bow hanger. This was my prototype and ended up being a little more frilly that I'd like, but I used what I had on hand...so use some better colors and fabric when making yours!

Items Needed:
Empty formula can
Fun paper
Ribbon
10" fabric

1. I started with the liner for this project. (Just to remind you, I am NOT a seamstress. I have never sewn anything like this before....so I'm sure there is a better way out there to do it.)
*There will be no instructions for this, as I just winged-it! Feel free to ask any questions.*

2. After sewing the liner, I threaded ribbon through the top seam in the bag. I used a safety pin to guide the ribbon.
3. Using some ribbon, I fastened two LONG strips on each side of the can. I then covered the can with paper.
4. Add the liner to the can.
5. Take the two long strips of ribbon and tie around the closet bar.
6. Attach bows to ribbons and place headbands in the can.

No comments:

Post a Comment