With the case lot sales starting this week, many people become overwhelmed with the thought of buying 40lbs. of chicken, but still don't want to pass up the great price. Last case lot sale, I purchased 80, yes, 80lbs. of fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (Who could pass up $1 per pound?) To make my purchase worthwhile, this is what I do....
1. Place 8-12 chicken breasts in a crock pot (more or less depending on the size of the crock pot.)
2. Turn on low heat and cook for 6-8 hours.
3. Pour entire contents (meat and juices) into a kitchen-aid mixer.
4. Using the paddle attachment, turn on the machine to shred the chicken.
5. Remove shredded chicken from mixer bowl.
6. Measure in to vacuum seal freezer bags and freeze for later use.
This has been a LIFESAVER for my family. It saves so much time and mess later on. You can also remove some chicken before it is completely falling apart and cube it. Freeze as mentioned above for later use.