Monday, September 28, 2009

Ham Fried Rice

I LOVE Chinese food, but often can't afford take-out. To remedy this, I have started making my own Chinese. One of my favorite recipes is ham fried rice. It is so easy to make and my family gobbles it up! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Ingredients.
Rice, cooked and cooled. (Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until cold)
Green onions, cut into small pieces
Ham, deli sliced and cubed
2 Eggs
Soy Sauce
1 pkg. fried rice seasoning

Any other vegetables you'd like (more restaurants use peas and carrots, but my family isn't a huge fan. Feel free to use what your family will eat.)

1. Start by cooking your rice. I usually use 2 cups of dry rice. This will make PLENTY! Once the rice is cooked, spread in a 9x13 pan. Place in fridge to cool.

2. Once rice is cooled, place in a large wok or deep pan. Add green onions and other vegetables.

3. While mixing the rice and vegetables, add the fried rice seasoning packet. (I only use about 1/2 a package. You may use more or less according to your tastes.)

4. Add soy sauce to the rice mixture. This is your decision on how much to add. I usually add 1-3 teaspoons.

5. Now, push rice to the sides of the pan, leaving a hole in the center. Crack open the eggs and put in pan. Scramble the eggs and allow to fully cook. Mix into the rice.

6. Add the ham. Continue cooking rice until everything is warm.

7. Serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment