Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Board Book: Part One

In my quest for home made Christmas gifts, I decided that I wanted to make an "I-Spy" type of book for my boys. After getting prices for those fancy hard-bound photo books, I quickly changed my thinking on how to achieve a sturdy, long-lasting book for my children. Here is what I came up with.

*This will be in two parts. This post will be on how to make the book-base and the later post will be on the actual "I-Spy" book that I am making. Enjoy!*

1. Purchase a board book. I wanted mine larger, so I purchased this 8x8 board book for $.88 at the Dollar Store. You can also check the D.I., yard sales or thrift stores for cheap books. 2. Starting with the cover, carefully lift off the picture. I had to peel the first two layers from my board book to get a smooth page.
3. Repeat this process until the entire book is free of pictures.
4. You know have your very own board book to do as you choose! I found that regular mod podge works the best. Use a strong glue to actually glue your photos or paper down and then use mod podge over the top. Be creative with this project--make a fun scrapbook, family history album, baby book or anything you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read that you were making an Ispy book because we almost bought one for Aiden for his birthday. You are so clever to think of removing the pages of a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for part two You are a clever girl Jess

    ReplyDelete