As most of you know, we are planning our first-ever Disneyland trip this coming April. We are so excited and can hardly wait!
First up on our "adventure" list is an art-board for the car. My boys LOVE to color and draw, and this was the perfect, inexpensive solution, to help them stay organized during the drive.
Clipboards (I found mine at the Dollar Store!)
12x12 sheet of paper
(2) sheets of felt
1. Cut your scrapbook paper to fit the front of the clipboard. Simply trace the outline of the clipboard after laying on top of the paper. Cut out a notch for the "clip" part.
2. Using the paint brush, apply the mod podge to the board evenly. Place the paper on the board and smooth down until no bubbles appear. Let sit 10-15 minutes.
3. Now, apply mod podge to the top of the paper. I used a hard coat Mod Podge so it would be waterproof and I could clean the board if needed, but any type will do.
4. Set wet board aside to dry. (You can apply a second coat in 15-20 minutes if desired.)
5. Using your felt, decide how you want to design the back of your clipboard. I made a larger pocket on the bottom for colored pencils, a smaller pocket for the pencil sharpener and the elastic for their markers. You can choose to do yours however you'd like!
Here are the the pieces before I sewed them all together.
6. Sew the pockets and elastic in place. (I put a small pleat in each pocket to allow expansion room for the contents. This makes it easier to fit the items inside.)
7. Using tacky glue (or another type of glue,) apply the felt to the back of your clipboard once it is dry. Let sit overnight before "messing" with the pockets.
THAT'S IT! Easy, right?
Hope you enjoy it!!