Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mr. Potato Head

Hello again!
This was posted on my Facebook page awhile back as well, but I wanted to share it here in case you missed it!

I made some felt Mr. Potato Head dolls for my kids to play with in church and in the car. They have absolutely LOVED them! They were super easy and lots of fun to make. I hope you enjoy them.

I am not going to be super-detailed in the directions, as they are pretty self-explanatory. Please comment if you have any questions! Thanks so much!

Step One.
Make a pattern for your Potato Head using paper. Be sure to make a pattern for the back pocket as well. Trace patterns on to basic felt and cut out.

Mark where you would like your "parts" to connect to on your doll. Sew velcro to these locations.

Now, sew the potato together and add stuffing.
Step Two.
Make your body parts! Have fun with this part. I made four sets of eyes, four noses, five mouths, three pairs of ears and two arms for each Potato Head. I also left room in my back pocket to add more pieces later.Step Three.
Have fun and play with your new Potato Head!
I am going to be making up a bunch of these to have on hand for birthday gifts for my kids' friends! (So if your kiddos play with mine, just know you will probably end up with one of these little guys before too long! LOL.)

No comments:

Post a Comment